This week, November 16th – 20th, we’ve celebrated American Education Week. This week is significant to SitelogIQ as we work closely with K-12 school districts all over the U.S. to renovate and revitalize their facilities. Our goal is to maximize educational facilities’ operational efficiency and improve the quality of learning environments.
Given this year’s events related to COVID-19, it is even more critical that we continue to improve the quality of schools to provide the healthiest learning environments for students, staff, and community members. SitelogIQ is a national provider of Engineered Infection Protection (EIP), which help schools maintain their facilities for the immediate, future, and long-term. During these times especially, we focus on restoring, preparing, and rebuilding facilities, ensuring that buildings and grounds are as safe as possible.
“The work we do with K-12 school districts is essential for setting students up for success. As the world changes, we are adapting and creating environments that are healthy and safe for students and staff to work together and continue evolving and progressing. Our team is here to assist in providing a foundation for success.”
–Kevin McGauley, President, SitelogIQ Public Sector
“The work we do with K-12 school districts is essential for setting students up for success. As the world changes, we are adapting and creating environments that are healthy and safe for students and staff to work together and continue evolving and progressing. Our team is here to assist in providing a foundation for success.” –Kevin McGauley, President, Midwest Public Sector
Our progressive approach to revitalizing educational facilities seeks to identify and address the operational challenges schools are facing, and provide a safe, healthy learning environment for students and employees. We work with school districts to assess the current state of the facilities, develop a project plan and help implement a long-term facilities management plan that is affordable and easy to maintain.
As facilities continue to age, the cost of maintenance and operation will continue to rise. Creating and maintaining a comfortable learning environment becomes difficult with outdated equipment, resulting in distracted students and unhappy teachers ultimately causing a direct, negative impact on educational success.
By updating and modernizing school facilities, we help reduce the number of student absentee days and help attract and retain, the best teachers and school faculty possible.
- Architecture: The building exterior is more than just an aesthetic consideration. It helps maintain system efficiency and structural integrity.
- Air Quality: Improved air ventilation systems will decrease the risk of airborne health risks and provide a more enjoyable environment for students and faculty.
- Thermal Comfort: Updated building systems will allow schools to effectively balance the air temperature and humidity in their facilities and create a more comfortable learning environment.
- Acoustics: By upgrading the acoustic quality of school facilities, teachers and students will be able to communicate more effectively, resulting in improved speech comprehension and information retention.
- Lighting: Quality lighting means more than being able to read the whiteboard. It can have a positive impact on mood, behavior and even test scores.
- Life-Safety Systems: Many schools are operating with life-safety systems that are over 10 years past their end of life date. By updating these systems, we’ll help you comply with modern safety regulations and reduce the risk of unnecessary safety hazards.
This week, and every week, it is important that we honor those who are making a difference in ensuring that every student receives a quality education.