Due to the continued growth in our Eastern region, we have an opening for a Design-Build Construction Estimator. The types of projects include K-12 Education, Higher Education, Office Buildings, Healthcare, and other commercial projects ranging in size from $2M – $100M.
- Providing programmatic and conceptual estimating based upon early development project information; this may include early cost per sq ft information on building size, student capacity, typical addition vs renovation construction costs.
- Creating conceptual budgets based on building audits, program information, project parameters or partially completed drawings; for work required, but not shown, at early stages of project development
- Preparing quantity surveys and cost estimates for all architectural trades; which requires complete knowledge of material, labor, subcontractor and equipment costs
- Working closely with designers, development engineers, in-house mechanical and electrical estimators
- Creating and managing the pre-construction schedule
- Providing estimates with increasing level of detail based upon design information provided and within schedule requirements
- Evaluating building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness and constructability
- Providing Scope of Work descriptions for bidding for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Developing Division 1 contract documents
- Conducting scope review meetings with contractors leading to successful contract agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ building construction estimating experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and first-hand experience of building materials, building systems, the construction marketplace and associated costs
- Knowledge of the local subcontracting community and vendors who supply building products
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Excel and Word, Bluebeam, Timberline Estimating
- Good communication and leadership skills to be successful in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment