Our Development Engineer will serve as the technical resource to our Sales & Operations Teams and be responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing solutions to address issues and needs related to customer facilities. This is a full-time, exempt position that works remotely, with travel in the Fargo, ND area.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering field
- CEM (Certified Energy Manager)
- EIT with the potential to obtain a PE within 2 years; PE preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in energy engineering, facilities engineering, design engineering management or performance contracting
- Conducts surveys of customer facilities and assess the current condition, operational performance and deficiencies of the building systems and infrastructure.
- Coordinates site visits and project development activities of Facilities Technicians and specialty contractors.Guide customers in prioritizing projects to improve functionality, operational performance and efficiencies of their facilities.
- Develops and analyzes energy baselines for benchmarking.
- Calculates energy and operations & maintenance savings associated with proposed improvements.
- Ensures solution compliance with current energy and building codes.
- Supports operations team in building systems commissioning and re-commissioning activities.
- Determines appropriate measurement and verification methodologies for developed improvements.
- Works with the sales and operations teams, as well as consulting architects, engineers and contractors in developing the technical and financial components of the job to include accurate cost and savings estimates.
- Participates in creation and delivery of written and oral presentations for customers.
- Participates in the final customer presentation by leading the technical discussion and responding to questions by customer facility experts.
- Works with subcontractors and consultants to ensure the quality of work is consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Meets regularly with the sales and operations teams to review the performance of the customer contract and in turn participates in the preparation and delivery of customer progress reports.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with the customer, providing technical consultation on current and future facility needs.
click to apply