The Director of Service & Controls will be responsible for overseeing the profitable growth of the Service Department, Controls Department and Quick Response team. This includes; assessing the hiring needs of this growing company, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff, and developing programs that meet the needs of employees for meaningful work, growth, challenge, communication, and effective leadership. This position is responsible for all the processes and systems related to leading and operating the Service Department of the West Division. The expectation for the person in this role is to effectively partner with the company’s leaders and their teams to provide effective leadership while supporting the other divisions. It is also a requirement for this individual to strongly represent SitelogIQ’s mission and core values to all internal and external stakeholders. This position will be a direct report to the VP of Sales of the West Division.
This job is based in Sacramento, California with intermittent travel and regular communication with offices in Livermore, and Santa Rosa.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of progressively more responsible leadership roles across a wide range of operating functions and being fully accountable for departmental or business unit performance (preferably within a union environment).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively use data, experience and business case development to influence investment decisions and internal prioritization.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, supervision, teamwork, and training
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills; Able to interact in a professional and diplomatic manner with clients and peers at all levels
- Promote and support SiteLogIQ’s mission and core values
- Develop divisional sales growth strategies
- Maintains quality standards for the Division
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns and implementing corrective measures
- Develop, communicate monitor and enforce Service/Controls and Sales Department processes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review service warranty tickets and communicate to Project Managers and VP of Operations.
- Recruit, properly staff and develop employees to be the best they can and represent SiteLogIQ’s mission and core values
- Respond to customer inquires
- Assign project and maintenance leads to Sales for follow up and closure
- Manage, measure and communicate, lost accounts
- Communicate process, standards and company policy as it pertains to the Department
- Create, communicate and improve processes for service quotes, small owner direct proposals and controls quotes follow up and quote closures
- Coordinate Foreman and team activities to ensure individual and team goals
- Oversee Operations hub, coordinating workflows, customer satisfaction, team environment, service billing, and accuracy of service work order, working with the team to create a fun environment and excitement for the people to work in.
- Coordinate and train on Samsung Note devices (Mobile Tech, XOI and other necessary applications)
- Work with President and Vice President of Sales and Vice President of Finance for process improvement and service reports to aid in managing the day to day activities.
- Assure New PM accounts are set up and kicked off in a timely manner.
- Participate and strategize Key2Act (ERP System) process improvement.
- Develop a Key circle of influence including Managers, Forman, technicians, CSR’s and trade associations to meet monthly to get feedback for developing continued improvement.
- Track and maintain tools, vehicles and other company assets
- Enforce SitelogIQ’s safety program protocols
- Interface with architects, engineers, general contractors and market clients to sales goals in all markets are being achieved.
- Ensure that all estimates, proposals, and contracts meet SitelogIQ’s conditions and meet installation disciplines identified by their respective scopes of work and are bound contractually to these scopes.
- Work objectively with construction staff along with individual project managers when additional manpower is needed.
- Assist with qualification and selection of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors for each project.
- Develop relationships with top customers in each division.
- Ensure compliance in the field with all safety, OSHA, and all state/federal agencies. Verify.
- Provide weekly updates to the Management Team and attend bi-weekly huddles
- Work closely with management team and labor team to assure manpower, quality and resources are available to meet sales and growth goals
- Responsible for field training
- Recruit, properly staff and develop employees to be the best they can and represent SiteLogIQ’s mission and core value
- Act on input from CSR’S regarding underperforming technician
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for the sales and Customer service reps. team.
- Meet monthly with all salespeople to ensure training and development, goal obtainment and facilitate success.
- Review with sales performance and train or replace as necessary.
- Evaluate team performance and analysis of progress and make suggestions on how to improve overall performance of sales team.
- Establish new markets and train existing staff or hire to achieve goals in each market
- Hire, train and coach all Service, Controls and Sales Staff.
- Achieve quarterly margin growth targets
- Review work orders prior to billing for proper gross margin obtainment.
- Provide Foreman and Division Managers feedback on all service work and maintenance accounts where work is performed at less than 30 percent gross profit
- Put in place performance improvement measures to increase gross profit and/or hit budget expectations
- Responsible for department budgets and adherence to them working in conjunction with the Division Managers
- Responsible for departments financial goals, goal attainment and P&L while working in conjunction with the Division Managers, Vice President of Sales, Vice President of Finance and President.
- Meet with Vendors to improve relationship and negotiate price improvement or discounts
- Manage all Service/sales and Controls sales budgets and perform annual budgeting to meet company objectives