Our Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing month-end close activities, analysis of accounting issues and general maintenance of financial records for a multi-subsidiary organization. This position requires knowledge of general accounting duties including experience in GAAP reporting, accruals, monthly financial statements and budgets. In this role, the Senior Accountant will prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. To be successful in this position, we are looking for a collaborative team-player who is engaged in helping continually improve the overall accounting function and department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience, required
- Financial Shared Services experience desired, but not required
- Construction experience, preferred
- Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work well with other divisions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- General knowledge of confidential data and financial information management processes and ability to utilize discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated technical expertise (i.e., picks up on new application of technical accounting quickly, can learn new skills and has desire to learn).
- Demonstrated ability for strong time management (i.e., uses time effectively and efficiently; values time of others).
- Responsible for multiple month-end journal entry preparation including, but not limited to, entries related to recording actual and accrued payroll, benefit allocations, intercompany transactions, fixed assets, prepaids and accruals.
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset subledgers including setting up new assets with the proper information to allow for correct depreciation.
- Perform assigned Balance Sheet account reconciliations and ensure reconciling items are identified and corrected timely.
- Perform Cash account reconciliations.
- Assist corporate controller in preparation of intercompany transactions for subsidiaries.
- Perform intercompany reconciliation for corporate and assigned subsidiaries.
- Process Accounts Payable for corporate and multiple subsidiaries, determine appropriate month-end accruals.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly reporting package for corporate and assigned subsidiaries.
- Preparation of schedules required to support the annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles