SitelogIQ’s Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Division seeks an MBA (or similar program) student for a 10-week summer internship in the field of offering development. We are a services company, but this is similar to a product management role and you will be responsible for developing SitelogIQ services concepts into successful commercial offerings. Your summer project is described below:
Project: GTM Strategy and Initial Commercialization for New SitelogIQ C&I Offering
You will be tasked with developing one or more formal commercial direct sales offerings for identified market needs and progressing them to commercial readiness. You will conduct market research, develop a go-to-market plan, define offering parameters and processes, and create an initial set of documentation and tools to launch the new offering(s).
Potential offering topics include portfolio-wide energy assessments and program rollout, program management & tracking software, ESG advisory, and turnkey deployment of specific solutions such as EV chargers, solar, smart controls, and high efficiency motors. The specific topic will be determined in part by the candidate’s expertise and interest. The final work product will include:
- Target market focus and customer insights
- Competitor offerings and activities summary
- Recommended offering definition, including services/scope, pricing, and key terms
- Sales tools, collateral, and training materials
- Drive offerings to “full release” by shepherding through a cross-functional process
- Audit of internal resource gaps
You will work closely with dedicated members of SitelogIQ’s C&I team, who will provide guidance to ensure impact and relevance of project deliverables. However, you will be the primary drivers and managers of your project. Candidates should be well-organized, self-motivated, adaptable, able to manage and switch between multiple parallel tasks, and comfortable working in an environment with limited oversight.
At the conclusion of the internship, you will present your findings to a broader group of company stakeholders, including executive leadership. You will also recommend next steps for the SitelogIQ team to continue implementation of the project.
Candidate should have a well-rounded MBA skillset, including, but not limited to:
- MBA or Master’s-level student in relevant field
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Market Research & Analysis
- Product Development / Management / Marketing
- Financial Modeling
- Ability to think across disciplines and functional expertise
- Energy / Utility industry knowledge strongly preferred, especially familiarity with sustainability, ESG, energy efficiency, and related concepts and solutions
Management Consulting or Design Thinking experience is a plus