SitelogIQ specializes in comprehensive energy-saving solutions for our clients. After reviewing your property, conducting an energy audit, and consulting with your team, we can recommend improvements that will lower your energy use and reduce your impact on the environment.
Energy Saving Solutions
Our approach at SitelogIQ is to treat energy-savings as a whole-building issue. Rather than focusing on one area or one improvement, we look at more comprehensive ways to reduce usage. These methods can include:
- HVAC: HVAC equipment is a major power draw, particularly in a large commercial or industrial facility. Upgrading aging equipment to newer, more efficient technology can lead to significant energy savings while making your building more environmentally-friendly.
- Lighting: Lighting is similar to HVAC in that a one-time investment in new equipment will deliver long-term economic benefits. Switching to fluorescent or LED bulbs and adding dimmer or timer switches are fast and easy upgrades that will save you considerably every month. You can also implement induction lighting, which is similar to fluorescent lighting but doesn’t use the filaments that cause traditional bulbs to burn out quickly. Induction lighting offers a 100,000-hour lifespan and is one of the best lighting solutions for reducing operational costs.
- Windows and insulation: Preventing drafts and establishing a good building seal will reduce the amount of work your HVAC equipment needs to do to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures. Newer windows, insulation, and other infrastructural upgrades are all good options for large properties.
- Maintenance and usage: Changing the way you interact with your HVAC and other equipment is one of the most cost-effective and energy-saving solutions there is. Taking care of regular maintenance and adopting good, consistent practices, can reduce your energy use considerably.
- Onsite generation: Finally, if your organization is serious about energy conservation, remember that adding an onsite solar, wind, or biomass generator will free you from the grid and make you greener overall.
The right choice for your business may be a combination of some or all of the above. The most critical step is working with an energy partner that can identify the best combination of upgrades and investments based on your property, energy needs, industry, and budget, among other factors.